Saturday, January 24, 2015

1.23.2015

You can call me the bargainer! :)

Life is continuing on here in Nanjing and I'm still absolutely loving it! I'm in love with all of my cute Chinese students! On my first day in Nanjing, I looked at all of the students and thought, "wow, they all look the same! How will I ever be able to tell them apart??!" Now I can't even imagine them all looking the same! Each one of my students is so unique and they all look and act completely different!

Yesterday, while my students were lining up, one of them had a question, so I knelt down next to them to answer it. Immediately, four other students were huddled around me touching my blonde highlights and running their fingers through them! It was absolutely adorable! When I stood up, Julie said, "teachah you are bootiful!" Those kids just make my heart melt! :) 

Tonight, after school, we decided to split up and some of us headed back to fashion lady (the underground mall) to do some shopping and adventuring. We had tons of fun and I bargained for everyone because they don't like bargaining! I got hats that were originally 65 yuan for 25 yuan, sunglasses for 30 that were originally 60, a pair of THICK fur lined leggings that were originally 80 yuan for 20, a sweet Native American looking shirt originally 200 for 60, and more!! I've decided I love bargaining! It's such a fun thing to do and it's so exciting!

I have also found a new love for Chinese treats! They have these candies called "White Rabbits" (which are apparently sold in international markets in America and I've never discovered them!)  They also have these bread like things that they call "Manual Tarts." They are delicious!!!  AND red bean ice cream!! Who would've known how delicious that would be!!?? But hey, the Chinese are obsessed with red beans and now, so am I!!

Adventures are out there and good food is too!! Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment